Hello friends! I’m coming at y’all with another recipe tonight- this one is fall inspired and SO GOOD! (I’ve had it three times since I made it if that says anything at all). There’s been a slight cold front come through Texas recently, and when its cold out I love cooking the “cozy” type foods! I always think of soups, chilis, and crockpot meals. Stefan has a super delicious chili recipe (I’ll have to share that sometime!), so he usually makes the chili. However, I wanted to switch it up a bit and try a pumpkin chili! This recipe is super easy and even more delicious, it’s definitely one that’s going to be saved in our house!
Let me start off by saying this- if you aren’t a huge pumpkin fan or don’t think you’ll like pumpkin, I suggest you still try this recipe! Stefan isn’t the biggest fan, and he LOVED this chili!
If you do try out the recipe or take inspiration from it in some way, please let me know! I’d love to hear your thoughts!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1.5 pounds of ground turkey
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cans pumpkin
- 1 can corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Dash of garlic powder]
- Dash of chili powder
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes
- Add meat and garlic, cook until meat is browned
- Add pumpkin, corn, diced tomatoes, beans, and remaining seasonings and stir together
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 25 minutes (stirring occasionally)
- Ladle into a bowl, top with choice of toppings, enjoy!
This recipe is also saved to my instagram highlights, along with some of my other easy + yummy recipes (kyliemckinnon_)! I hope you enjoy!
Be sure to subscribe to follow along with what’s happening on daytodaywithkylierenee.com