Not going to lie, I love grocery shopping! I love finding different recipes for the week and going to the store for all the things! I’m linking my Trader Joe’s grocery haul above, but I’m going to talk some about how I make my list for the grocery store, as well as our meals for the week!
As I mentioned in the video, I’m one of those people who HAS to take a grocery list to the store with them. I’ve tried going without one or with a list on my phone, and it usually resulted in being in the store for forever and getting way more than I needed. This is the meal planner I used to use (and loved!) but I have misplaced it so I’m back to the old fashioned way of writing my lists on a piece of notebook paper – which honestly works just as well, just isn’t as cute lol!
When I start writing my list, I write out what we’re having for each meal throughout the week. Then while looking at those meals I write out each ingredient needed! This works best for me, but I know some people like to have their lists separated by each department (produce, meats, etc.), so it’s really personal preference!
As far as our meals go week-to-week, we tend to eat the same meal for lunch everyday and switch up our dinners. I don’t enjoy meal prepping as much as I used to and I would much rather cook the night of. I think you need to find out what works best for you and what you enjoy most, as this will be the most beneficial in the long run!
Our meals change every week, but we definitely have our go-to staples that we always go back to (I can forsure share those if y’all want!). I will share this weeks meals below!
Breakfast: (if I eat breakfast that day due to IF)
- Some sort of fruit smoothie (with coconut milk, coconut yogurt, spinach, chia seeds, collagen powder, and whichever frozen fruits I want to add that morning)
- Ezekiel toast or bagel with dairy-free cream cheese – either topped with fruit (for a sweet taste), everything but the bagel seasoning, avocado, or egg (for a savory taste)
- Thai curry bowls with brown rice, chicken thighs, broccoli, sweet potatoes, black beans, and Trader Joe’s Thai Yellow Curry sauce. (we’re trying the red sauce as well this week, will keep y’all updated on which one we prefer!)
- Chicken sausage (I bought 2 kinds for each night- sweet apple and spicy jalepeno) with sautéed onions, bell peppers, and red potatoes
- Sweet potatoes stuffed with chicken, bell pepper, and onion topped with Trader Joe’s reduced guilt guacamole and pepper jack cheese
- Dinner side: cucumber salad
- Hummus & carrots/bell peppers
- Pepperoni & pepper jack cheese
- Cauliflower tabouli
I’m definitely no chef but I’ve come to enjoy being in the kitchen! As always if you have any questions feel free to let me know!
Linking my produce bags HERE
Be sure to subscribe to follow along with what’s happening on daytodaywithkylierenee.com